Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Liberal bloggers make light of Fort Dix terror arrests

Ann Althouse highlights reactions from Wonkette and Firedoglake, who obviously don't take the Fort Dix terror plot seriously. Ann's comment hits the nail right on the head:

Now, I don't blame bloggers for riffing impetuously on anything than sounds stupid, but of course, you must realize that the idea of hijacking four planes with boxcutters and knocking down buildings would seem like "the dumbest fucking terrorist plot" if it hadn't happened.


More from All Alone in the Night:

The price of living in a free society is having a lot of places where people can kill effectively. Personally, I'd rather live in that society than one where my safety is guaranteed by taking away most of my rights, but poo-pooing the threats strikes me as an ignorant response to the problem.

No comments: