Thursday, April 20, 2006

The angry right

In my post below, I expressed my disappointment in the "liberal" left.

But I also long ago lost my appetite for the so called "conservative" right:
"On his radio show, Savage told listeners that "intelligent people, wealthy people ... are very depressed by the weakness that America is showing to these psychotics in the Muslim world. They say, 'Oh, there's a billion of them.' " Savage continued: "I said, 'So, kill 100 million of them, then there'd be 900 million of them.' I mean ... would you rather us die than them?" Savage added: "Would you rather we disappear or we die? Or would you rather they disappear and they die? Because you're going to have to make that choice sooner rather than later."

Hat tip to Obsidian Wings. Also the headline from the news article Obsidian Wings links to says:

On April 17, Michael Savage called for "kill[ing] 100 million" Muslims and referred to the alleged Duke rape victim as a "drunken slut stripping whore."

It is because of talk show hosts like Michael Savage that I long ago lost any respect for the so called "conservative" right.

I guess that's why I consider myself an independent.

No comments: